The Environmental Working Group (EWG) released their 2014 dirty dozen and clean fifteen. These lists rank the “dirtiest” and “cleanest” produce in terms of pesticide residue. Apples continue to be the dirtiest and I strongly encourage you to only buy organic apples! They may not look as pretty as the shiny and perfectly round conventional apples but don’t be fooled by the pretty face.
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Nectarines (imported)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Snap Peas (imported)
*Kale and Collards
* Hot Peppers
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet Peas
- Sweet Potatoes
*Leafy greens and hot peppers didn’t meet the traditional criteria for the dirty dozen but they have a high risk for contamination. AKA – buy organic!
For the complete list and more information on pesticides in produce, visit EWG.org.
Do you wish someone would take the mystery out of weight loss for you? You’re in total luck! Robyn Youkilis is offering her most popular teleclass on this topic for FREE tomorrow, Saturday, May 17th at 1pm EST. In this awesome workshop you’ll learn:
- What foods to focus on and how to upgrade your favorites
- How you can plan ahead so it isn’t so damn hard to lose weight
- Robyn’s secret tool for finding Food Freedom (it’s simple and exactly what you need!)
- Why you should ignore the sea of diet books and confusing nutrition information…and what you should do instead
- How to get off the emotional eating roller coaster