Do you want my number one tip for starting your day and feeling great? It is super simple, takes hardly any time, and barely costs a thing. It’s the embodiment of what I try to do at Spirited Well-being – share practical and small right actions that quickly yield radical results. So, what is it?!
Warm water with lemon. Every. Single. Morning.
So, what’s all the fuss about? Here are just a few of the amazing benefits of warm water with lemon:
- Move over orange juice! Lemons are a great source of vitamin C and potassium.
- Kickstart your digestive system first thing in the morning. Do you rely on your morning cup of coffee to keep you regular? Warm water with lemon will get things moving in no time!
- Lemons are a diuretic so they help your body flush out built up toxins.
- Lemons are alkalizing – even though they taste acidic they actually balance the pH of your body.
- Replenish fluids lost overnight. You know how you wake up and feel insanely thirsty? It’s because you actually are. Your body is at work all night while you are sleeping and you lose a lot of water in dreamland. Do your body a favor and reach for water before anything else in the morning. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Drink your water!
- Clearer skin. Yep. Warm water with lemon will help your skin from the inside out. This is what I’ve noticed the most since committing to my morning lemon water. My skin is clearer, brighter, and just looks healthier.
- Establish an easy and fast morning routine. Taking the time to boil water and sip your warm lemon water is such a peaceful way to start your day. Every morning (seriously EVERY morning whether it’s 3:30am or 7am) I make my water and settle in for a few quiet moments. I sip my water, read my daily meditation from Journey to the Heart, and meditate for one minute. Most mornings this entire process takes me 5 minutes or less. And let’s be real, I’d probably spend way more time on Instagram or Facebook if I picked up my phone instead of my mug of lemon water. So really, you’re detoxing your body AND mind with a simple mug of lemon water.
So, what are you waiting for?