Picture a big Mason jar filled to the halfway mark with water. How do you see it—half-full or half-empty? Consistently finding the glass half-empty—and the world as a difficult place— can bring you down a low vibe road.
Research has found that a negative outlook can contribute to everything from depression to heart disease to a lowered immune system. It can affect sleep, weight maintenance, the quality of your relationships, your social life, and your job satisfaction.
Now imagine what it would feel like to approach life from a place of positivity, fun, connection, health, and possibility. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Let’s do a little experiment together this week. Let’s see the glass as half-full this week and see what happens. (I don’t know about you, but I’m expecting miracles!)
6 Simple Tips to Improve Your Vibe
To help wipe out negativity, try one or more of the following action steps this week and keep track of your experiences in your journal:
- Go complaint-free. Try going an hour without complaining and see the positive things in your life. Next, try a few hours, a day, and then the rest of the week.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Each evening, list 10 or more things that you are grateful for and WHY. No repeating!
- Give compliments freely. Notice the good in others. Praise every person you interact with. I often do this silently in my head, especially when I find myself getting irritated by someone. I’ll silently compliment them and — just like that — my irritation vanishes.
- Find beauty everywhere in your world. Notice its gorgeousness.
- Share your good news. Studies show that sharing happy events brings even more happiness.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. [What you focus on grows!]
Maintaining a positive outlook takes practice, and the more you do it, the easier it gets. The payoff—a happier, healthier life—is absolutely worth the effort. I can’t wait to hear about how this experiment goes for you. Share in the comments below!
Sign-up for a free coaching session here!