Today is my birthday and I celebrating with you! Here are 32 things that I know are true on my 32nd birthday.
- “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” ~John Lennon
- Sleep can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Play nice and make friends.
- Fitness doesn’t have to be hard. Pick the thing that excites you and you’ll actually look forward to working out. Crazy, right?!
- Dogs make everything better.
- One minute of meditation everyday can change your life.
- You can tell your real friends anything and they will love you for it.
- Happiness is a choice.
- Gratitude is the ONLY attitude.
- Thinking “Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?” is a perfect way to center yourself in a tense moment.
- Dark chocolate is so much better than milk chocolate. Seriously, why didn’t anyone tell me earlier??
- My So-Called Life is still one of the best shows ever created!
- Stress relief begins with taking a deep breath.
- Skinny jeans aren’t scary! You actually look taller and thinner in them – who knew?!
- Leopard print is a neutral.
- It’s not selfish to take care of yourself. You’re only as good to others as you are to yourself.
- It’s never too late to find your passion.
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- Cooking healthy weeknight meals is all about planning and preparation.
- You need to look fear in the face and choose to let it go.
- You don’t actually need coffee to survive. (This is one of my biggest lessons from that last year!)
- Being loved is an incredible feeling.
- It’s critical to love and accept yourself fully and deeply.
- You have more time than you think you do.
- It’s important to remember that your phone can actually makes calls too! I need to work on this one and call my friends more often. A text or email conversation just isn’t the same as hearing their voices!
- Drinking a large glass of water first thing in the morning is a life changer.
- It is really important to wear sunscreen everyday.
- Your major in college doesn’t determine the rest of your life.
- You are what you eat.
- Success should be determined by how much fun you are having.
- Worrying doesn’t accomplish anything. In fact, most of the time it prevents great things from happening!
- The world responds when you are truly yourself.
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ~Dalai Lama
This post was inspired by reading 29 Things I Know Are True on My 29th Birthday on Elizabeth Rider‘s blog.